The Next Two Weeks in SoCal/Nevada Cycling
Start DateEvent NameCityPoint ValueRegister
- Mar 9th SBW Time Trial Cup Velo Center Register -
- Mar 15th Criterium Skills Clinic powered by CCSD San Diego Register -
- Mar 15th Curt Sutliff Mem Santiago Canyon TT Series Irvine Day of Race 0.5
- Mar 15th Tuttle Creek Road Race Lone Pine Register 2
- Mar 16th Velo Allegro St Patrick’s Day Crit Long Beach Register 1
- Mar 22nd Chuck Pontius Road Race- Elite RR Championships Castaic Register 3 / 2
We’re pleased to present our refreshed site to you with new content and useful features! Here are some of the enhancements you’ll find:
- Schedule – the familiar “Event List” is there, but now you can also see the events in a traditional calendar view. The new calendar also has filtering so you can select just the Crits or TT’s or even just the races with junior categories. Just click on the “View all categories” box to the upper right of the calendar. You can view race flyers here, but you can’t yet link to the registrations (we’re working on that!). You can link to registrations from the “Event List” however.
- Race Results – This link takes you directly to USA Cycling pages for your race results. The Results Archive link also takes you to USA Cycling for results from prior years.
- SoCal Cup – The 2014 results are here! They are presented in a new way, and tied directly to USA Cycling’s results pages to ensure greater accuracy. Similar rules to the 2013 program and identical points structures. See the “2014 SoCal Cup Rules” menu option for more information. SoCal Cup ARCHIVE results are also available… all the way back to 2005!
- Disciplines – These menu options for Road, Track and Cyclocross will have tips for beginners and other content that is being developed
- Juniors – This all-new section recognizes the future of the sport! Tips for beginning racers, rules and helpful information on gear restrictions, a junior-specific race calendar, links to local teams with established Junior programs, USAC Talent ID Camps, and much more are all in this section!
- Women – New content designed specifically for our women racers will be found here (coming soon!)
- Promoter’s Area – This section is for our race promoters. You’ll find information on permitting an event. More content coming soon!
- Resources – A very useful section with links to the official USAC Rulebook, detalied information on how category upgrades work, USA Cycling’s programs “SafeSport” and “RaceClean”
- About SCNCA – Find information on our geographic area, our bylaws and our Trustees
- Photos Banner! – Our new site can display a slideshow, so we’ll feature shots from local races and even give you the opportunity to get your own photo on the SCNCA home page banner! Special thanks to Sang Vu of Tru Cycling for most of the photos that are presently displayed.
Stay tuned for updates, corrections and fixes while we work through the bugs to enhance this great new site. Find an error? Please send an email to: INFO@SCNCA.COM
2014 SCNCA Championship Schedule
|Elite Road Race||
|Master/Junior Road Race||
|Golden Empire Classic||Bakersfield|
|Super Master Road Race||
|Mark Reynolds San Luis Rey Road Race||San Luis Rey|
|Barrio Logan GP||San Diego|
|Valley of Flowers||Lompoc|
|SCNCA TT Championships||LakeLA|
|Team Time Trial||
|SCNCA TTT Championships||LakeLA|
|Junior Track Championships||VSC|
|Elite Track Championships||Encino|
|Master’s Track Championships||San Diego|
|Super Master Time Trial||
|CycloVets Time Trial||FiestaIsland|
|Super Master Criterium||
|CyclVets Criterium||San Diego|
SCNCA enters into agreement with USAC and USADA. Drug testing is coming to SCNCA races in 2014
Awhile ago, we mentioned that USAC and USADA were developing a program to bring anti-doping testing to local races. The reaction from the local racers was overwhelmingly positive. We are happy to announce that the SCNCA has signed an agreement to join USAC’s “Race Clean” initiative. Using a portion of the SCNCA surcharge that has been collected this year, there will be local testing by USADA this season. They will be at a minimum of two races. USADA determines the races…even the SCNCA will not know when and where they will be testing.
To learn more about the Race Clean program, please follow this link.
What is SCNCA?
The Southern California Nevada Cycling Association (SCNCA) is the USA Cycling (USAC) recognized local association for the Southern California and Southern Nevada. Our mission is to conduct, coordinate, and seek the advancement of USA Cycling activities in Southern California and Southern Nevada. We are also committed to creating programs to assist riders in the development of their competitive skills and to ensure safe competition. The SCNCA is defined by Zip Code boundaries 89000-89299 in Nevada and all areas south of Monterey, King, Tulare, and Inyo counties in California.
The SCNCA web site is the official home for the USAC calendar, race flyers, race results, and SoCal Cup standings for SoCal and SoNV.