2015 SoCal Cup Categories
Men Cat 1-2, Men Cat 3, Men Cat 4
Women Cat 1-3, Women Cat 3-4
Masters 40+ Cat 1-3, Masters 50+ Cat 1-4. Masters 60+ Cat 1-4
Junior Men 9-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Junior Women 9-14, 15-18
Best All-Around Team
Please visit the SoCal Cup page for additional details. SoCal Cup category purses have not been determined. The SCNCA is waiting for USAC to determine 2015 funding levels for the Local Associations.
SCNCA Announces 2015 Road Calendar
There may be a few changes over the next few weeks, but the schedule looks solid. Races highlighted in blue are part of the 2015 SoCal Cup. State championships will be announced in the next few weeks. The ITT and TTT Championships are set for Lake Los Angeles. The 2015 SCNCA Track Schedule will be published soon. Give us a few days and we will have the 2015 scheduled incorporated into the website.
You can download the 2015 SCNCA Road Calendar here.
UCI CXLA WEEKEND LIVE AT THE GREEK!
BREAKING NEWS: The SCNCA is going to cover the entry fees for this weekend’s CXLA race for any SCNCA 17-18 Junior doing the 17-18 UCI race on Saturday and Sunday. You will be responsible for having an international license. It does not cover any other race entry. This offer is only valid for those riders that have the SCNCA listed on their license.
Altadena, California, Nov. 13, 2014 — World-class cyclocross returns to the Los Angeles’ largest park: Griffith Park at the Greek Theater in the Hollywood Hills! CXLA is back! Enjoy a full weekend of festivities leading into the Thanksgiving weekend! Highlights include the LA Bike Fest: CXLA Bicycle Expo and Swap Meet and Food Truck Festival, benefiting the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition!
Athletes will be competing for points in several important race series, including California Cyclocross (CACX), the SoCalCross Prestige Series and, most vitally, UCI internationally-sanctioned elite racing as part of the USA Cycling PRO CX Tour! That’s right, UCI Elite Men, Women and Juniors 17-18 as well as factory teams from around the country will once again be going wheel to wheel in our own back yard.
JUST FOR THE LADIES: Equal prize money to the UCI Elite Women’s races from top to bottom will be provided thanks to Knobbe Martens IP Law. There will also be a Women’s Lounge hosted by the She Wolf Attack Team! Ladies Ride, as well as Women on Bikes web radio Q&A.
RIDE WITH THE PROs: On Friday at 3 p.m. we’ll be gathering at Golden Saddle Cyclery to ride with a few of the fast guys and gals in town, over to Griffith Park for a CX clinic. Everyone’s invited!
PARTY TIME: Friday evening after riding with the Pros, let’s enjoy Happy Hour food and drinks at Mowhawk Bend. Saturday evening everyone is invited to an After Party Social at Golden Road Brewing.
Hope you can make it to CXLA Weekend at Griffith Park – Vermont Canyon – Greek Theatre! Saturday and Sunday November 22-23!
SCNCA Annual/Scheduling Meeting
The Annual/Scheduling meeting will be held next Saturday the 15th from Noon to 4:00pm at the Yorba Linda Community Center. The address is 4501 Casa Loma Ave, Yorba Linda, CA 92886. We will be finalizing the 2015 race schedule and reviewing changes being proposed from USAC.
IMPORTANT NEWS on the 2015 SoCal Cup!
CYCLOCROSS IS HERE!!
NOTICES: Results for ALL SoCal Cup events in 2014 are now posted. Please check SoCal Cup standings and advise of any errors or concerns. We will perform spot audits this week to confirm accuracy before finalizing results next week.
Follow this link to JL Velo and the SCNCA store to order your championship gear
The Next Two Weeks in SoCal/Nevada Cycling
Start DateEvent NameCityPoint ValueRegister
- Dec 6th Hart Park SPYclocross Bakersfield
- Dec 7th Oak Hills Time Trial Oak Hills
- Dec 7th SPYclocross/SCNCA series finals Bakersfield
1) Due to our unique location and high concentration of out-of-state* and non-US citizens** who train and race here, the SCNCA will now allow these persons (holding a valid USAC license) to participate in state championship events. For the “Mass-start” events, these riders are not eligible to win the state championship nor any medals, awards or SoCal Cup points. They will not be placed on results. They MAY, however, participate in the race to work with their established teams and gain experience in our very competitive championship events.
For the state ITT and TTT events, these individuals WILL be placed and issued a finishing time, however they will not be eligible to win the state championship nor any medals, awards or SoCal Cup points.
* – Outside of the geographic boundary of the SCNCA
**- Non-citizen or Unknown citizenship, as noted on the USAC license. “Permanent Resident Alien” (green card holders) are eligible for placement, awards and championships, if they reside within the boundary of the SCNCA
2) To be consistent with the way USA Cycling has categorized Juniors for National Championships, the SCNCA is going to adopt the same categories. For all Junior Championships, jerseys and medals will be awarded to men and women 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, and 17-18 age groups. This will not impact any of the start times for the race.
3) It has been determined that the Ontario “CAT 4/5″ races do qualify for SoCal Cup points, but had not been included in SoCal Cup results. These have now been added to the SoCal Cup results and did impact the rank order for the CAT4′s. There are still three races left in the first half season including a 3X point value championship this Sunday. SCNCA apologizes for the late update, but the records are now correct.
We’re pleased to present our refreshed site to you with new content and useful features! Here are some of the enhancements you’ll find:
- Schedule – the familiar “Event List” is there, but now you can also see the events in a traditional calendar view. The new calendar also has filtering so you can select just the Crits or TT’s or even just the races with junior categories. Just click on the “View all categories” box to the upper right of the calendar. You can view race flyers here, but you can’t yet link to the registrations (we’re working on that!). You can link to registrations from the “Event List” however.
- Race Results – This link takes you directly to USA Cycling pages for your race results. The Results Archive link also takes you to USA Cycling for results from prior years.
- SoCal Cup – The 2014 results are here! They are presented in a new way, and tied directly to USA Cycling’s results pages to ensure greater accuracy. Similar rules to the 2013 program and identical points structures. See the “2014 SoCal Cup Rules” menu option for more information. SoCal Cup ARCHIVE results are also available… all the way back to 2005!
- Disciplines – These menu options for Road, Track and Cyclocross will have tips for beginners and other content that is being developed
- Juniors – This all-new section recognizes the future of the sport! Tips for beginning racers, rules and helpful information on gear restrictions, a junior-specific race calendar, links to local teams with established Junior programs, USAC Talent ID Camps, and much more are all in this section!
- Women – New content designed specifically for our women racers will be found here (coming soon!)
- Promoter’s Area – This section is for our race promoters. You’ll find information on permitting an event. More content coming soon!
- Resources – A very useful section with links to the official USAC Rulebook, detalied information on how category upgrades work, USA Cycling’s programs “SafeSport” and “RaceClean”
- About SCNCA – Find information on our geographic area, our bylaws and our Trustees
- Photos Banner! – Our new site can display a slideshow, so we’ll feature shots from local races and even give you the opportunity to get your own photo on the SCNCA home page banner! Special thanks to Sang Vu of Tru Cycling for most of the photos that are presently displayed.
Stay tuned for updates, corrections and fixes while we work through the bugs to enhance this great new site. Find an error? Please send an email to: INFO@SCNCA.COM
2014 SCNCA Championship Schedule
|Elite Road Race||
|Chuck Pontius Road Race||Castaic Lake|
|Master/Junior Road Race||
|Golden Empire Classic||Bakersfield|
|Super Master Road Race||
|Mark Reynolds San Luis Rey Road Race||San Luis Rey|
|Barrio Logan GP||San Diego|
|Valley of Flowers||Lompoc|
|SCNCA TT Championships||LakeLA|
|Team Time Trial||
|SCNCA TTT Championships||LakeLA|
|Junior Track Championships||VSC|
|Elite Track Championships||Encino|
|Master’s Track Championships||San Diego|
|Super Master Time Trial||
|CycloVets Time Trial||Fiesta Island|
|Super Master Criterium||
|CyclVets Criterium||San Diego|
SCNCA enters into agreement with USAC and USADA. Drug testing is coming to SCNCA races in 2014
Awhile ago, we mentioned that USAC and USADA were developing a program to bring anti-doping testing to local races. The reaction from the local racers was overwhelmingly positive. We are happy to announce that the SCNCA has signed an agreement to join USAC’s “Race Clean” initiative. Using a portion of the SCNCA surcharge that has been collected this year, there will be local testing by USADA this season. They will be at a minimum of two races. USADA determines the races…even the SCNCA will not know when and where they will be testing.
To learn more about the Race Clean program, please follow this link.
What is SCNCA?
The Southern California Nevada Cycling Association (SCNCA) is the USA Cycling (USAC) recognized local association for the Southern California and Southern Nevada. Our mission is to conduct, coordinate, and seek the advancement of USA Cycling activities in Southern California and Southern Nevada. We are also committed to creating programs to assist riders in the development of their competitive skills and to ensure safe competition. The SCNCA is defined by Zip Code boundaries 89000-89299 in Nevada and all areas south of Monterey, King, Tulare, and Inyo counties in California.
The SCNCA web site is the official home for the USAC calendar, race flyers, race results, and SoCal Cup standings for SoCal and SoNV.